Guiding You to New Beginnings

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  → Naturalization/Citizenship

Establishing Citizenship Through Naturalization

If you have a green card and have been thinking about applying for U.S. citizenship, contact Vicki Anderson Immigration Law, LLC. She has helped many people with the naturalization process, even people with criminal records. She will first evaluate whether or not you meet the requirements for naturalization. If you are eligible to apply for citizenship, she will prepare and file your N-400 naturalization application and attend your naturalization interview with you at the USCIS office in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.

There are many benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen, including, but not limited to, the following:

  • Ability to travel, and even live, abroad without fear of jeopardizing your U.S. immigration status.
  • Eligibility to vote and fully participate in the U.S. electoral process.
  • Ability to file I-130 petitions for family members, including parents and siblings.
  • Eligibility for many government-related jobs, which are restricted to U.S. citizens only.
  • Citizens are always eligible for Social Security and Medicare benefits.  Many non-citizens are not eligible for those benefits.
  • Receipt of Social Security benefits worldwide without concern over reciprocity agreements.
  • Ability to hold elected public office in the U.S.
  • Entitlement to substantial deductions on U.S. estate tax.
  • No requirement to report address changes to the USCIS.

Thus, if you are a permanent resident, who has been contemplating applying for U.S. citizenship, why not take action now and contact Vicki Anderson Immigration Law, LLC.

Is Your Parent A U.S. Citizen?

If you have a parent, who is a U.S. citizen, you may have a claim to American citizenship.  Your parent may have transmitted U.S. citizenship to you at birth or you may have acquired U.S. citizenship later on when your parent naturalized or when you entered the United States as a child with your immigrant visa. Vicki Anderson can help you file a Form N-600 to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship as proof that you are an American citizen.  In some situations, applying for a U.S. passport, rather than a Certificate of Citizenship, is an appropriate course of action, and Vicki Anderson can ensure that you have the right documents and that your claim to U.S. citizenship is as strong as possible when you apply for the U.S. passport.

Contact Vicki Anderson Immigration Law, LLC Today

To set up an initial consultation, call 651-968-0551 or fill out the online contact form.