Guiding You to New Beginnings

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  → Waivers Of Inadmissibility

Understanding Waivers Of Inadmissibility

The road to entering the United States can be blocked by past actions such as criminal history, fraud, or U.S. immigration violations. If you find yourself deemed inadmissible, hope is not lost. Applying for a waiver of inadmissibility is a process designed to reevaluate your case, taking into account the changes in your life and the time elapsed since any incidents.

Life is about growth and change, and at my Burnsville office of Vicki Anderson Immigration Law, LLC, I want to help you earn a visa regardless of your past. You may have made mistakes in the past, but the person you are today is ready to contribute positively to our Minnesota community, connect with family, or pursue employment opportunities in the United States. A waiver of inadmissibility serves as a bridge to that new chapter, allowing you to present evidence of your reformed character and the stability of your current situation.

Is A Waiver Of Inadmissibility A Pardon?

It is common to hear waivers referred to as ‘pardons,’ especially among Spanish speakers. While not a legal pardon in the strictest sense, a waiver does offer a chance for forgiveness in the eyes of immigration law. By demonstrating that you are a different person from who you were at the time you became inadmissible to the U.S., you are asking for a second chance to make things right.

If you or a loved one has been living in the U.S. unlawfully, or if you are outside the country looking to mend your ineligibility for a visa, I am here to help. Together, we can assess your unique situation, including any familial ties, to explore your options for legally residing in the U.S. or simply visiting the U.S. My goal is to help my clients pursue the outcome they deserve by any available legal means. I have the legal skills and knowledge necessary to help my clients through their waiver and visa needs, whether they need an I-601 waiver; an I-601A, provisional unlawful presence waiver; or a nonimmigrant visa waiver called a Section 212(d)(3)(A) waiver.

Begin Your Journey To Legal Residency

Life does not stand still, and neither should you. If you are seeking a waiver of inadmissibility to reconnect with family or seize work opportunities in the U.S., contact me by calling 651-968-0551 or emailing me here. Your past does not have to define your future. Let me help you take those important steps toward a brighter, legally secure life. Reach out today, and let’s move forward together.